Today, the cryptocurrency market offers a variety of ways people can earn tokens. Whether through regular investing, staking, slot auctions or similar, earning in cryptocurrency is often very tedious.
But what if you could earn cryptocurrency by playing games? No, this is not a scam. In the past, the only way to make money as a pro was by playing tournaments or betting on games. But times have changed, and now you can make money as long as you know how to play the game, and you have a bit of money to buy-in.
In this article, we will analyze five play-to-earn tokens to invest in 2022.
What are Play-To-Earn Games
Pay-to-play (P2E) crypto gaming is about earning cryptocurrency by playing games. This often involves earning in-game currency by completing missions, winning battles, and completing other challenges. You can usually exchange this in-game currency for Bitcoin, Ethereum or other tokens on a decentralized exchange.
Funds earned from playing these games can be transferred to cryptocurrency wallets or used to purchase other in-game items. You can also use them to buy NFTs. In some cases, NFTs are the most in-game currency. This means players can claim ownership of in-game items and sell or trade them.
The financial benefits of these games are a huge incentive for players, which is why the P2E industry is growing so fast. Such projects fall under an umbrella called GameFi, a combination of gaming and decentralized finance (DeFi).
Top Five (5) Play-To-Earn (P2E) Tokens to Invest In 2022
- Axie Infinity (AXS): Axie Infinity is one of the most popular money making games today. One of the main reasons for this is that Axie Infinity’s in-game currency, Smooth Love Potion (SLP), can be exchanged for cash. The game also has another token called the Axie Infinity Token (AXS).
Axie Infinity consists of two modes: Adventure Mode and Battle Mode. In adventure mode, missions are carried out and completed, while in battle mode, you fight against opponents.
In the Axie Infinity universe, you can also farm SLPs and sell them in-game. You can create your own character to win battles (Axies) and earn AXS by competing in PVP (Player vs Player) leaderboards. Axies themselves can also sell for big bucks and, in that sense, have their own market.
- CryptoBlades (SKILL): CryptoBlades is a web-based NFT game that allows users to craft weapons, armour and other items to enhance characters in the game. It allows for endless character customization, not only in terms of items but also in aesthetics.
In this game, you can use the game’s Token SKILL to recruit characters. As of the time of writing, 1 SKILL equals $6.
Each time you defeat a player or monster, you gain a SKILL that you can use to recruit more characters or sell them for real money. You can also sell your crafted weapons on the market to get more SKILL.
- Alien Worlds (TLM): Alien Worlds is similar to DeFi Kingdoms but in space. So far, Sarojini McKenna and Michael Yeates have deployed this sci-fi NFT game on three blockchains — Ethereum, Wax, and Binance Smart Chain — and it took off in late October.
Across the blockchain, Alien Worlds Metaverse broke the 1 million user mark in September 2021, becoming the first blockchain game to break the 1,000,000 user mark. What makes Alien Worlds unique is its real environment. However, McKenna and Yates are trying to establish a decentralized system of government in Liberland, the no man’s land on the Croatian-Serbian border.
Armed with this knowledge, they created Alien Worlds as a system of DAOs (decentralized autonomous organizations) spread over six planets. Players mine Trilium (TLM) as the game’s native token.
- DeFi Kingdoms (JEWEL): DeFi Kingdoms is an exciting P2E crypto game that started as a decentralized exchange. While it still has a DEX, the game is also gaining global popularity. It’s essentially a fantasy game transformed from an NFT asset platform, and you can get liquidity by staking the in-game currency, JEWEL. You can also buy interactive NFT heroes in-game and sell them for profit.
In DeFi Kingdoms, you can buy land and build your own huge kingdom on it. There are two ways to stake your JEWEL in DeFi Kingdoms: in the garden or the bank. The bank is a single staking pool and is usually the safest of the two options. Gardens, on the other hand, give you land in proportion to the stake you give to the game, which you can then develop for liquidity.
You can also use your heroes to participate in player tournaments to defend your land against other players. Although you can play the game now, it is still actively being developed and improved, with more exciting features being added in the coming months.
- Pegaxy (VIS): Pegaxy is a futuristic mythical racing game. Pega (horse) is a descendant of the mighty Pegasus. In this game, players engage in PvP style competitions to win rewards in the platform’s native utility token, VIS (Vigorus).
Players can earn money in the game in a variety of ways. To start playing, you must purchase 1 Pega.
After purchasing a Pega, you can race it. Twelve players compete against each other, and the best three players win the VIS. The first player to arrive gets 105 VIS, followed by 44 VIS and 26 VIS.
On average, you can earn around 250-350 VIS per day. Currently, the win rate for all horses is approximately 20-25%.
Play-To-Earn games have become one of the most dominant forces in the cryptocurrency space. As long as the concept of NFT is on the rise, the idea of Play-To-Earn games is expected to reach amazing heights in the near future. So, taking advantage of this novel opportunity is the best way to enjoy even more rewards and prizes.