The Shiba Inu community, SHIBArmy, is yet to recover from the launch of its own metaverse network called “SHIB”. Following the launch news, the developers behind the meme coin announced that 100,595 land plots would be up for grabs, but some would remain private. In addition, developers also planned to use ETH, Ethereum’s native currency, as a land pricing token.
Essential Things to Note:
- Developers will release the land plots in phases, and the introductory phase will make 36,431 plots available. Additionally, it will be divided into four categories: Silver Fur, Gold Tail, Platinum Paw, and Diamond Teeth and priced between 0.2 ETH to 1 ETH.
- The team has agreed to use a neutral crypto coin as a land pricing token to keep SHIB from downside risks. On Wednesday, the developers published an announcement to confirm this, saying: “Using our Ecosystem Tokens is a risk, as we would need to dump our own tokens price cashing them! And that’s far away from our plans,”
- Land buyers will be able to earn passive income, gather in-game items, and generate rewards.
- In addition, land buyers can rename their plots while using and burning the SHIB token. The team noted: “We will be introducing the first special role that Shiba Inu $SHIB will play in the Metaverse,”
“By welcoming a mechanic to burn $SHIB independently while renaming your land plot, this should start soon after land events and public sale have ended.”, the developers added.
- The developers added that the rest of the SHIB ecosystem coins like LEASH and BONE would play a role as more phases are rolled out, and LEASH holders will be able to purchase lands in later stages.
- The team will use Shibarium, a layer-2 solution for SHIB, to develop the metaverse.
- SHIB token was flat-lined near 0.00002274 at press time. However, developers hinted at a foray into the metaverse in early February.