Battle of the Memes: Pepe Coin vs. Dogecoin – Where Should You Invest Your $1000 Now?

Battle of the Memes: Pepe Coin vs. Dogecoin

Pepe Coin (PEPE) is making waves in the world of memecoins, giving Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB) a run for their money. Since its launch in mid-April 2023, PEPE has skyrocketed by nearly 2130%, making it one of the year’s hottest investments. Its market cap has also soared to an impressive $800 million in less than a month.

In a recent Twitter poll, investors were asked to choose between Pepe Coin and Dogecoin for a hypothetical $100,000 investment. The results are in, and it seems that Pepe is the clear winner with a whopping 64.9% of the votes, leaving DOGE trailing behind at just 35.1%. Will Pepe continue outperforming the competition, or will Dogecoin make a comeback? Only time will tell.

The poll remains active for the next 23 hours, which means that the final results could differ from the current standings. It’s plausible that the scales could tilt in favor of DOGE during this period, potentially surpassing PEPE. However, presently, PEPE is leading the poll.

Read Also: Expert Argues That PEPE Could Mimic SHIB’s 69,000% Increase

Which Is Better to Have In My Portfolio: PEPE or Dogecoin?

Pepe Coin (PEPE) is currently experiencing unparalleled hype, and it has a significant following, making it the most trendy crypto project. However, despite being a meme-inspired project, it still has its drawbacks. Meanwhile, Dogecoin (DOGE) is the original memecoin.

Being new and listed on limited exchanges, PEPE faces low liquidity issues, making it challenging for investors to cash out, despite the potential for significant gains. DOGE, on the other hand, has a lot more liquidity. Both projects have limited use cases, but DOGE has the advantage of entering the crypto space earlier, with more adoption as a mode of payment, even by major companies like Tesla.

Additionally, DOGE investors are more interested in the meme aspect of the project. Although PEPE is also a memecoin, most investors are in it for quick gains, indicating that DOGE may be a more attractive long-term investment, while PEPE may be fueled by FOMO (fear of missing out).

At the time of writing, DOGE was trading at $0.07245, with a 3% decline in the last 24 hours, while PEPE was trading at $0.00000191, with an 18.4% decrease in the last 24 hours.

Read Also: Bitcoin Pioneer Claims He’d Trade ADA for Shiba Inu and Dogecoin

PEPE Coin Chart by TradingView

Share this :